Conciliation Board for Payment Institutions
The Austrian payment institutions (payment services) have set up the Conciliation Board for Payment Institutions within the scope of the Joint Conciliation Board of the Austrian Banking Industry to handle complaints from their customers. The Conciliation Board and its proceedings are subject to the Rules of Procedure and Rules of Conciliation.
The customers of all participating payment institutions can address the Conciliation Board with their concerns.
This Conciliation Board is responsible for complaints relating to
• domestic and cross-border payment transfers (in EU area);
• the issuing of payment cards and execution of card-based payment transactions - also with a line of credit
• money transfer transactions;
• payments known as telecommunication-based payments (payments by mobile telephone);
• direct debits from personal payment accounts that have no deposit function and are held by customers with payment institutions
The independent, autonomous ombudsman ensures that grievances are dealt with quickly and renders objective decisions.
The Conciliation Board is also happy to help with general inquiries.
However, it is not able to provide any legal advice.